Menu
Highlighted
dolly624
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with "No Signal" message! :(

Please can somebody help me I’ve tried and tried to contact VirginMedia to no avail!

More and more occasions I'm getting "No Signal" message on TV screen when I switch on tv.

This morning I've logged into Virgin Media and carried out a service test, but as I oddly expected it reported no problems..but there is a problem in that I can't watch TV when I want to and therefore not getting what I'm paying for 😞

I know the V6 box is working, I've switched off power at the wall, reset, and checked all connections and everything is perfectly ok..except this exasperating No Signal message!   

I was really hoping my move from Sky (only in August) was going to be a positive one but so far I've lost channels I most enjoyed without any notice due to channel not broadcasting in UK any longer and noticed slow Broadband speeds (which I was promised would be far superior to Sky) and now this rubbish signal issue...it is so very disappointing to pay for something so hit and miss!

Please help!

🙏

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fed up with "No Signal" message! :(

You are getting a clean sheet from the box test no doubt because the box IS working ok. There are no checks on the output side of the box.

The "No Signal" message is coming from the TV, so the first thing to do check the HDMI lead is seated properly both ends. Then try another socket on the TV and/or new HDMI lead.

PS. The channels that stopped broadcasting on Virgin also stopped broadcasting on Sky & all other providers. Moving back to Sky will not bring them back.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

dolly624
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up with "No Signal" message! :(

Thank you nodrogd for this HDMI thought - my connections are fine and secure, but I will give a different port a try and see how it goes...if no better I'll get new cable.
ps I'm not looking to move back to Sky - not giving up that easily! 🙂
regards, Dolly624
0 Kudos