Menu
Bodwin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty TV boxes

Hi.   I am having trouble with my TV boxes. 

Today my main box has decided not to work. I have the TV V6 box which when turned on today brings on the start up welcome screen for about 1 min before it goes off and repeats until the power is switched off again but goes no further. The unit, I suspect the hard drive, is making a louder noise than usual so am thinking this is possibly the problem?

I also have an older Tivo HD box which for some time now needs regularly turning off and on as sound, or picture, or both randomly go off without warning. Powering off and back on usually fixes it after a couple of goes but seems like a good time to address it as well.

I tried online test and help with no look so called 150 who recommended I go back online ..... 

We now have no TV's so any help and advice greatly received please.  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty TV boxes

Sounds like both of your boxes have separate faults to me, and those need reporting.

You say you called 150 and got recommended to go online... nah! The IVR tries desperately to stop people queuing to speak to faults agents, and has a few sneaky techniques. "Press xyz for a link to go online", "press abc to try self-service", just ignore them and don't press anything.

The system usually gets the hint after a couple of attempts are ignored, and then puts you into the call queue for a faults agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bodwin
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

The current situation has put high demand on their services and long delays expected at which point you are given a web address to "get back and running quicker". As you say ignore everything and you get through eventually. 

I managed to get through later that day and thought it was sorted. One of 2 boxes turned up on Wednesday so got back on the phone to find they are only able to replace one box at a time so never was. Second box ordered but has been delayed due to postal issues.......

Whilst everything was been tested it was found the Internet speed is at 80mb's download instead of the guaranteed 107 so need to look at that next. 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear a good news story, and hopefully you're on the way to being sorted...

@Bodwin wrote:

Whilst everything was been tested it was found the Internet speed is at 80mb's download instead of the guaranteed 107 so need to look at that next. 

This is a TV forum and broadband queries are best posted in the speed forum here , however broadband speeds aren't guaranteed... they're "upto" 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bodwin
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was just a passing comment after the boxes issue, will move over if not sorted beforehand thanks. 

• On an end to this thread, according to Virgin media site they have a minimum guaranteed speeds which I will be obviously pushing for once 2nd box is sorted. 😉

Virgin Broadband.jpg

0 Kudos