Menu
mart147pro
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fast forward issue

I have recently signed up to virgin,I have noticed when I first had it installed l two weeks ago and when I fast forwarded it used to show the programme so you knew where to stop and play now it does not show the picture and you have no idea where you are forwarding up too,anyone had a similar issue and know how to sought it ?

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fast forward issue

It all depends if you're watching content from On Demand or from a recording.

A recording from a broadcast channel should always show where you are in a show during fast forward or rewind.

However depending what On Demand content you're watching, it doesn't always do that, for instance in Sky Cinema On Demand won't at the moment. This is because different On Demand sources use different technology, some of which can show a preview and some currently can't.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fast forward issue

Hi,

Fast forwarding varies between different viewing methods. It depends on if it's a recording, Catch-Up/ On Demand or an app such as YouTube.

Certainly with a recording you should see it fast forward, and then jump back a few seconds when you press play again.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos