Menu
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Failure to keep promises and honour what was agreed

Our 12mth contract was coming to and end.  I had an email from VM to remind me and indicate what the price was going to go up to.  We started shopping around and saw tempting offers elsewhere including from Sky.

Before leaving I rang 150 and after various messages and button presses I chose the thinking of leaving option and got through to someone (names S****) quite quickly.  She offered me a deal to keep us, with a new contract at the 'new customer' price (£64).  I asked about adding Sky Sports and was told this would be an extra £15/mth.  I understood this to be in HD.  I looked on the VM website and saw the channels listed for the 'Sky Sports Collection' which was named on the new contract and this showed Sky Sports channels in HD.  I discussed about the 'pause' for sport and we spoke about the payments being deferred for 3 months in view of the current situation for live sport. That was to be for this new Sky Sports subscription and my existing BT Sport subscription. New Contract date would be from 22nd, to pick up after exiting one expires. An order showed on the My VM website and was supposed to complete on Tuesday 19th.  I was very happy and thought it was all sorted.

This morning the new channels were still not showing and the order seemed to be stuck.  I therefore rang up 150 (none of the online methods were working or gave page not found).  Guy apologised and said he would get it done today.  New paperwork came through, today's date instead of what was previously agreed.  Previous agreement 'over written' apparently.

Sky Sports channels then eventually appeared, but SD only, not HD as shown on website.

Rang again - given run around by 3 different people - say they cannot honour what was agreed on Tuesday, HD would be extra £7/mth and no 'pause' for Sky Sport - despite what was discussed and agreed previously.  In response to me saying about the prices on the website showing HD I was told that they can give the 'new customer' prices, but the content/offering may be different, even if the package has the same name!

Asked about reviewing the conversation from Tuesday - apparently they can't go into that and not all calls are recorded.  This is the short version!  My wife and I on phone for ages to them.

We've now had Sky Sports taken off!  At least we've achieved a saving vs what it was going to go up to, but I'm left with a very bitter taste in the mouth.

In summary whatever you think you have agreed with VM may not actually be honoured - they will not keep to it!  Whatever deal you see online with them may not exist or is not available to you (even if it has the same name it may be a different 'size').

Yet another in a long line of customer service issues with this incompetent company.  With hindsight I should have gone elsewhere on Tuesday as I was looking to!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failure to keep promises and honour what was agreed

So which package did you end up on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failure to keep promises and honour what was agreed

We are now supposed to be on the 200M Broadband, with 'MaxIT TV, weekend calls and a 2GB SIM card - but the paperwork hasn't arrived yet, so who knows. 

I do not trust VM people at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos