Menu
sgreybe
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extra charge for Sky Sports pause adjustment

My bill has just come and I have been charged £11.70 for "Sky Sports Pause Adjustment Charge". My package costs £83.50 a month and Sky Sports is included. I was not told that when Sky Sports was no longer paused due to there being no live sport that I would have to pay this extra charge above my normal monthly amount to get Sky Sports back on a package where it is included. Why am I paying extra for something that's part of my package?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extra charge for Sky Sports pause adjustment

Hello

You would have a previous credit on the last bill, as they are taken in advance, when the Sports resumed which was mid month then the difference from the credit for the sky pause and the restart date of sky sports would be the difference.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tonyrobo1957
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

is this a one off payment

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes it is one off payment.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's just a one-off where they've clawed back the part of the month after Sports started again (around the 19th June), but the exact adjustment varies from person to person depending on your individual bill date.

This pause & adjustment payment is as per the agreement between Sky and Virgin.

Normal service will resume from now on (i.e. normal monthly charge including the full Sports costs), but with no more adjustments.

Keith

Edit: DJ_Shadow beat me to it!

0 Kudos