Menu
Stuart65
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error code ES072 unable to watch paid-for movie

Anyone know how to solve error code ES072? It isn't even listed on the Virgin Media help section yet lots of people seem to be getting it. It's preventing us watch a movie we've paid for. The online help on the website doesn't work either, it just says can't connect.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code ES072 unable to watch paid-for movie

Hi Stuart65,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply, 

Were you able to get this sorted in the end? 

Let us know if you still had an issue. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Stuart65
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex.

Nope. We got an email saying that something had been fixed. But it hasn't. We powered off the TiVo box for ten seconds and turned back on and we are still unable to watch the movie we have purchased. We still either get Error ES072 or a black screen.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Stuart65,

That error is often the ressult of a faulty or inocrrect type of HDMI cable.

Please try following the instructions for this error code virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Stuart65
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's fixed it thanks! Sometimes the answer is easy. Finding it is not always so! Why couldn't they put that on the website under 'TV error codes'?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

The ES072 error code always used to come up when people had issues playing movies bought from the Virgin Movie Store. It was sometimes a problem with the HDMI cables and sometimes it related to an internal VM error.  

VM have recently updated the software on a lot of V6 boxes, and since then people have had issues with the above error number and also error 604 which ties in with HDMI2.2 and copyright protection. Maybe it's just luck that the 604 error instructions manages to fix a lot of peoples problems with ES072?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos