Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error code ES071

Does anyone know the meaning of error code ES071? We keep getting it when films from the Virgin Store or Virgin Movies keep freezing. Thanks for any suggestions! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code ES071

Hi ManchesterRoman, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem when trying to watch movies via the store or OnDemand. 

I am having problems locating the error code that you are getting. Does this happen on every Movie? Does the message you get state anything other than the error code? 

Let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same problem for a year.

Virgin must know what this code is. It's their code so should be in a list of codes and errors. I want to know what this is and how to fix it because I am sick of my viewing being interrupted.

And yes, re-booting doesn't help. And yes, checking cables doesn't help. And yes, nothing you do or try gets rid of the problem. And yes, calling the help line doesn't help. I have a feeling the connection from Virgin is so poor, it can't handle the simplest of streams.

Nearly done with it all. Might head over to Sky and see if that's any better if I don't get a decent answer and fix soon.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update, could we confirm if this is happening on all movies or just movies from the Virgin Media Store? As they have their own separate customer service contact which will include their own error code details which we may not have on our systems, explaining as to why we're unable to locate this specific error code.

Are you having any other issues with the broadband as this does require a broadband connection to download and stream the films in question? 

If this is just the Virgin Media Store issue then you can contact their team on 0800 027 0801 between 9am-9pm.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily. In my case this error message only occurs with movies purchased from Virgin. Our Broadband signal is generally ok. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ManchesterRoman, 

We can have a closer look at your account and see if we can find out what's causing this. 

To do this we'll pop you a personal message asking for some further details. 

We look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos