Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400

Hi I had a problem with my box in the bedroom the second box, the box was new and wouldn’t register any channels, spoke to someone on the text and they done a system reset which has fixed the box in the bedroom, now my box downstairs the main box is showing error code 7400 and has about 5 channels on it, I have the main package so it’s not working properly, was on hold for 50 mins to Helpdesk before I got cut off, can any one help me with tv this error code, I’ve read that it is the box that hasn’t been registered?? Please help thanks Mr Dean Booth 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error code 7400

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 this is a box activation error which can only be resolved by calling through - normally 0800 9539500 can do the honours and quite often by an automated system.

I'm not sure what you mean by having the "main" package, but it sounds like in your case, the wrong box has been activated.. assuming you still have a multiroom account, make a note of both serial numbers and call back in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400

That’s very helpful thanks for your help, it’s just a bit deflating when your on hold for 50 minutes and then they hang up, so you have to start all over again, I understand that covid has meant companies are short staffed but I’m not the only one with a problem which they seem not too eager to sort out, I’ll call that number again, thanks for you help

0 Kudos