Menu
UserV
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400

Hi,

Just connected my TV Box and let it install all the updates but I'm getting the error code 7400 on the screen. Tried calling Costumer Support but no one picked up. Is there an alternative way to contact them or a way to get rid of the error?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400

Hi UserV

The error code means you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500, however looking at other posts on the forums just now it seems that department have closed for the day.

It may be possible for the faults team to do the activation. When calling the faults line you will probably have to go through a series of tests - if this happens if you call back around 10 minutes later then an agent should pick the phone up.  You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

The call centres are open until 8pm during the week, however as far as I know the UK ones close at 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays, so if you do manage to get through it will probably be overseas.

It's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
UserV
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey, thanks for replying.

I called that number that you posted and after giving my info to the gentleman, I was put on hold and eventually had to give up on the call.

I'm honestly losing hope because it seems impossible to get the box activated.

Please let me know if you are aware of any other solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again UserV,

Sorry to see you are having issues and the activation line is taking too long or isn't picking up.

I hope this helps. You could try speaking to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
UserV
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey! Finally managed to through to them, and apparently the issue wasn't activation but some sort of fault :/.
Thank you for your help and advice!