Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 7400

Error code 7400 has randomly appeared on my TV screen. Quick check and it seems to be an activation issue. Odd as we've only had the service a few weeks and has been working fine. Have sat on the customer services telephone line for ages and stuck in a queue so am posting here in the hope someone may be able to help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error Code 7400

Hi MarkHux,

Sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are having the issues with. By doing this VM should be able to run tests or put you in touch with the right team. 

You could also try contacting  the Faults Team, or New Accounts and Set Up in case the setup and activation haven't been completed properly on their end.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave. Did run the diagnostic but didn't find anything. Will try again... Will also try and track those numbers down to call back. Cheers
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Mark,

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any phone, or freephone number  0800 052 0422 from a mobile.

Option 2 -  Faults or Option 3 - New accounts and set up

Personally I would try the New Accounts and set up first

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On it now. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

2 hours on the phone and all back online. Only issue now is another fault number M63! Not sure I've got the energy to sort that at the moment hehe. Thanks again for the counsel Dave, much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For help with error code, https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes is a good place to start.

Unfortunately M63 probably needs C/S intervention to resolve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts. I did find a networks settings workaround on here reconnecting the box to the network. All sorted... but one last issue! My two boxes are now not communicating so I can't watch the recordings from one on the other. Any thoughts welcomed... Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Reboot both V6 boxes at the same to force them to reconnect.  But it still may take a few hours for them to find each other.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks NPP and will do!
0 Kudos