Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 704 - TV - Since Change to Account

Changed my account at the beginning of the month, so not having TV package anymore, just broadband, since doing this I have an issue with the TV and a Virgin Error floating across the screen, also the TV 'standards are not all showing - code is 704 - I have been trying to resolve this via the website for weeks, no luck and no luck on the phones - extremely frustrated.

Have tried the usual, turn everything off and on.

Also Virgin wanted return of box, were sending boxes etc. nothing received for return

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 704 - TV - Since Change to Account

Hi Amanda68,

You will be seeing the 7400 error which means your VM set top box has been deactivated, which is line with switching to a broadband only package.

You will continue to see this error message until you disconnect the VM box from your TV. 

The returns packaging can take up to a month to be sent out. You can request it yourself  return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your prompt response. I removed all the box and rebooted and it's says 704 not 7400 anything else to try   Just not getting standard stations either. Very strange. a

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Amanda68,

There is no entry in the VM /virgin-tv-error-codes  for error 704

However, if you now have a broadband only package then the V6 box will have been deactivated as you need a TV package to receive any TV channels.

If you want the TV adding again then you will need to regrade to a TV and broadband package.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I know the code isn't on the website of codes, I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find it, I am obviously special... but that is what it says.     I will ensure it is all disconnected and will reboot everything again, however, if the 704 code continues on the screen I will be back again to see if any other grey cells will be of any help!  Appreciate the feedback. A

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The box won't work anymore as you have removed the TV part of your package, per your original post.

You will now need to use Freeview via your TV or a separate Freeview box.

0 Kudos