Menu
RPVM001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error 57 on sign-in to vmstore.tv

Is VM Store different from Virgin Media? I am trying to buy a movie on my TV: I go to vmstore.tv and enter the code shown on the TV, but when prompted to sign in, I enter my Virgin Media login details, which throws an 'Error 57'.

Why is the process so complicated anyway? Why not just add anything I buy onto my monthly bill?

Tags (2)
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error 57 on sign-in to vmstore.tv

VMStore is different as it's available to all, Virgin customers or not. As for the error, you need to set up an account with a different password to your main account. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
RPVM001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great, thanks for clarifying that. So Virgin need to change the wording on that page: right now it says "this is the same as your Virgin Media account", which is not true.

Also, why do I need to go through this process at all? Why not just add the putchase onto my monthly bill?

Best

Richard 

Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's because they're separate entities and not intended to be intertwined like that.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
RPVM001
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well that makes no sense at all. Since I am already a Virgin Media customer, there should be an option to add any purchases my bill. Having THREE separate Virgin accounts (including this one on the 'Virgin Community') is just insane. 

0 Kudos