cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 57 on sign-in to vmstore.tv

RPVM001
Tuning in

Is VM Store different from Virgin Media? I am trying to buy a movie on my TV: I go to vmstore.tv and enter the code shown on the TV, but when prompted to sign in, I enter my Virgin Media login details, which throws an 'Error 57'.

Why is the process so complicated anyway? Why not just add anything I buy onto my monthly bill?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Aaron2
Well-informed

VMStore is different as it's available to all, Virgin customers or not. As for the error, you need to set up an account with a different password to your main account. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

It's because they're separate entities and not intended to be intertwined like that.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Aaron2
Well-informed

VMStore is different as it's available to all, Virgin customers or not. As for the error, you need to set up an account with a different password to your main account. 

Great, thanks for clarifying that. So Virgin need to change the wording on that page: right now it says "this is the same as your Virgin Media account", which is not true.

Also, why do I need to go through this process at all? Why not just add the putchase onto my monthly bill?

Best

Richard 

It's because they're separate entities and not intended to be intertwined like that.

Well that makes no sense at all. Since I am already a Virgin Media customer, there should be an option to add any purchases my bill. Having THREE separate Virgin accounts (including this one on the 'Virgin Community') is just insane.