MacMurdo
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Error 408 - On Demand

Hi

”This show is temporarily unavailable"

We are sorry you can’t watch this show right now, please try again later. “

Get this message when trying to watch a Box Set on On Demand - on a Samsung Unit.
I have 4 boxes and this error only happens on the Samsung unit.

Cant get through to support - been trying for days.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 408 - On Demand

Hi MacMurdo,

virgin-tv-error-codes/408  shows there may be an issue or planned work in your area, and advises you to click on Check Service Status at the top of the page. 

You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing is showing in either option can you check that you are using the correct HDMI slot on your Samsung TV? 

The latest update to the V6 boxes has enabled HDCP 2.2 for On Demand when set to 4K, so needs the boxes to connect to an HDMI input that supports that.

Some Samsung TV's need connecting to the HDMI port that's labelled "MHL", yours may be different so check the TV manual.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos