Menu
Rebby
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Equipment return before end of contract

I have a broadband/TV contract due to end in the middle of August. I phoned CS in the middle of July to make sure I had given the appropriate notice that I would like the service disconnected at the end of this 12 month contract as I will no longer need it. I was told the return packaging would be sent, and to return equipment after I was finished with it.

I have now been sent two emails demanding I send the equipment back immediately, with the second telling me they will charge me if they don't receive the equipment in the next 9 days, despite the fact the disconnect is scheduled for 11 days from now. 

What's the best course of action here as I'm currently WFH so need the connection until the disconnect? I also don't want to be charged for keeping the equipment, or equally, charged for returning it before the end of the contract if a CS rep will then decide that means I deserve an early termination fee. Phonelines are closed, and social media responses seem to be few and far between.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Equipment return before end of contract

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Equipment return before end of contract

Hi Rebby

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry you've decided to leave Virgin Media and for the error with the SMS received about returning equipment.

Equipment returns are sent 14 days after the disconnection date so as checking the system, this wouldn't be due to send to you yet. 

I can see however that you've spoke to the team whom are sending you some packaging early. When you've packaged the equipment up, please return it via your local Collect Plus store. You can find your local store here and they'll give you a receipt. Please keep this receipt as it's your insurance document. 

Apologies again for the confusion. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos