forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Charliecakes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Engineer removes my aerial

Hiya, 

Hoping someone can help as customer service were useless. 

When the engineer installed my virgin TV he cut and removed my TV aerial cable and used the same hole to feed the virgin cable in. Didn't ask/say anything to me about this. However this.aerial feed is the feed for the whole house so as a result I have lost TV to all other rooms (freeview). Customer service said it's not their problem and will not fix it even if their engineer has damaged my equipment.. surely this can't be right? 

Overall my experience to date has been awful with Virgin and I am already counting down until I can leave (so will need that aerial back in the lounge too!) 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer removes my aerial

Unfortunately this type of situation has been reported before on this community.

You are right to expect VM to restore the damage caused at their cost.  The VM Forum Team should respond in a day or so and get this referred to the relevant team for resolution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sky engineers will also do this as it saves drilling more holes than necessary. It is always best to say something if your aerial runs additional sets in the house as some installers may assume otherwise. However, they should ask before doing so and there is no good excuse for this behaviour.

One thing is for certain. VM won’t come back & fix it themselves. Their techs are not insured to do any work on anything other than that involving VM equipment. You will need to get an aerial installer in (who will usually put a guarantee on any work done) & then claim the cost back from VM.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Absolutely agree with nodrogd.   This will involve a potential battle with VM to recover the costs of an aerial contractor's charges to restore the terrestrial aerial supply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

May be easier to repair the missing bit of cable yourself to be honest

0 Kudos
Charliecakes
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies... I'm not sure how I can repair it myself; the cable no longer comes into my house from the aerial (he removed it to put the virgin cable in I assume its cut outside too but will check) and the cable on the junction box has been cut. I don't even own a drill that could get through the bricks unfortunately 

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

i tryed self repair tv cable before i will not recommand it as it can effect the tv signal and have some tv channels play up and it degain evey time you repair bit of wire

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 500 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

A virgin engineer shouldn't find it too hard to fix the cable, but to be honest I've had this argument with Virgin a couple times over the years on behalf of various clients and the reality is that granting them access to your home to carry out work does mean somebody of responsible age needs to be there to make guide work.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@DavidJWalker wrote:
i tryed self repair tv cable before i will not recommand it as it can effect the tv signal and have some tv channels play up and it degain evey time you repair bit of wire

screw f connectors should be fine - fitted correctly there should be no degrading of the signal 

Tony
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charliecakes,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am terribly sorry to hear that our engineer caused damage to your TV aerial cable, this isn't the level of service we expect to provide at all. 

I'm going to send you over a PM so I can take some details and look into this for you - I'll contact the Area Field Manager and let them know what's happened, they'll then get in touch with you and discuss how they're going to work towards a resolution with you.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos