Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer ppe

Hi..im getting virgin installed soon and the engineer will be in my house and also installing in the bedroom..the question I have does the engineer wear a mask as part of his ppe equipment during the covid outbreak.? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer ppe

No, technicians don't wear masks. They have gloves though.

They also are only installing in one location, they have been instructed not to install additional boxes at the moment 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, I’d be really interested to hear what happened.

I have virgin broadband being installed in a couple of weeks.l and an engineer will have to come into my hall. My daughter is having to shield. I mentioned this to the customer services team and they assured me several times that the engineer will wear a mask and gloves and will also have antibacterial wipes to clean the area around the socket when they install it. I only went ahead with the order because of this assurance.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if someone is shielding you should be having anyone in the house

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I'm prob not going to have it installed as of yet due to not being able to have multi room fitted..might as well keep sky for now until the engineer can go upstairs..shame really cos I really want to bin sky.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey ChristopherK,

If anybody in your household is sheilding, we wouldnt be able to install or even your home unless their is a risk to life.

The team should be in contact with you to convert your install to a quickstart/self install or put your install on hold if a self install isnt possible.

Would you like me to look into this further?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos