Menu
Ann-is-fed-up
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer please to fix STB

For over a week my elderly mother has had little or no live TV. If nothing improves I can see us moving to Sky. It’s getting ridiculous. 

We have done EVERYTHING suggested by telephone and website. No change. 

we need an engineer to come out and see why the STB or cable is not working. Neighbours do not have any problems. 

Please please please tell us how to book a visit.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer please to fix STB

Hi Ann-is-fed-up,

Sorry to see your mums STB is having issues, however you need to let VM know exactly what is happening before they can look at sending an engineer.

Which box does your mum have? Which, if any channels can she watch?

Have you tried rebooting the STB? What is happening with the lights on the box? Are any error messages showing? Is everything completely blank?

Have you changed HDMI cables, or tried using different ports on the STB or TV?

Have you logged clicked on Check my service status at the top of the page to run any tests on you mums equipment, or check for any faults VM are aware of?

If you've done all the above and got no further then you need to contact the Faults team.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ann-is-fed-up
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I used help Message Us on the app. Engineer coming out!
Ann-is-fed-up
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Advice about phoning and following instructions or using the website was not useful as I had done this already, twice, to no avail.

0 Kudos
Ann-is-fed-up
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update....

Engineer came, after 2 days of messaging on the app.

Guess what? New set top box!

My mum is pleased. Now to get her fridge fixed....
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Ann-is-fed-up,

I hope getting the fridge fixed is less hassle, however with the new set top box you should both be able to watch You Tube to see how to fix the fridge.

Seriously though well done for persevering.

Take care and stay safe.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos