forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
seanyd1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer installation

Hi

I already have broadband and phone with virgin and i have upgraded to the ultimate oomph bundle. I have the upgrade booked for 26th feb but last week i received a text message saying engineers are no longer visiting properties due to covid. Then a few days later I received another message saying the first one was sent in error and my install will go ahead. The problem is I need a cable installed in the bedroom for the mini box. Does anyone have any idea if engineers are doing installs or not.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer installation

I think it will depend on engineer or what they are told by there managers....

But thew official stance is that multi room (360 mini's) aren't being installed currently to avoid unnecessary venturing into personal areas of homes,.

So its likely that the engineer will only install the first TV box and any change that need doing to the hub.

The engineer may also not come into your home and may do the required tests from the outside of property and then instruct you on how to install services yourself through a window.

I had to do my own Sky TV install yesterday yesterday.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
seanyd1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I already have the cables installed downstairs from a previous install years ago so i was hoping the upstairs installation would be ok. If the wife dosent get a mini box in the upstairs bedroom its a deal breaker. I guess ill try and ring them. Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As I advised its likely you will not get installed upstairs unless rules change and I don't see that anytime soon.

You could well not get an engineer and could be switched to self install if cables exist, many upgrade engineers have been getting cancelled.

As for the deal breaker, if Virgin or an individual engineer does an install and breaks guidelines that's going to be a deal breaker to them continuing any installs and having a job.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
seanyd1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the reply.  Its just that 2 different advisors on chat are telling me an engineer will install box but I really don't have any faith in their knowledge.  If I was told no install for definite it wouldn't bother me to wait until restrictions are lifted. I would stay with sky TV until then. Just wish virgin would give me a straight answer

TheHam96
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

I had my upgrade install yesterday and the eng was really pro active in doing what was necessary. I also had the same experience as yourself with regards to it being “cancelled” but worked out in the end.

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yeah I understand, unfortunately there is a lot of instances where on the phone or chat advisors may be wanting to be yes people in order to avoid losing a customer on their watch.