Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer appt needed

Hi,

I have been having issues with my Virgin TV service for months. The picture distorts repeatedly on all channels.

I have repeatedly gone through rebooting the box, the self tests, phone calls etc etc and each and every time have had no resolution to the problem I have. I've swapped out all the cables, made sure the cables from the wall to the box are good and tight.

I have tried the text service and phone support, both to no avail. Virgin have acknowledged that there is "something" wrong but all they ever do is say they have "increased the signal" only for the issue to return at the most the next morning.

I do not have access to the internet (I'm writing this from my sons house, we are in a bubble) so cannot simply download the tv app etc and live by myself, so rely on the TV for company (I'm nearly 70!).

Could one of the moderators on here get in touch to arrange an engineer visit - I am sick to my stomach of trying to get this sorted only to be constantly bounced around with the "turn it off and back on" mentality of the SMS/phone support.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer appt needed

I will flag for a VM person to contact you here

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@chez3 wrote:

I have tried the text service and phone support, both to no avail. Virgin have acknowledged that there is "something" wrong but all they ever do is say they have "increased the signal" only for the issue to return at the most the next morning.

This post has already been flagged for VM attention, so this is almost a moot point. But for general advice to yourself or anyone else reading this... "increasing the signal" is an old C/S favourite that rarely (if ever) achieves anything. The power levels on your incoming co-ax feed are physically set in the street cabinet.

It certainly isn't anything that can be done remotely - any user that has issues with their power or signal levels, needs an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for posting but any idea how long it takes for VM to get in touch? It has been a few weeks and my issue is still going on. I have tried calling them several more times, and I either get disconnected or told there is a fault in the area (there isn't, the service page shows no such thing) - just get the feeling im being fobbed off 😞

Thanks in advance for any help.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @chez3 

Thank you for the post, sorry it has take a little time to respond. 

I have just taken a quick look into your account and can see that there are some issues with your input levels on your 2nd and 3rd tuner (there is 3 in total) 

We will need to get an engineer out to you. are there any upcoming dates that you are not able to do? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M

Thank you for getting in touch.

It is a relief to hear that you can see a fault and I am grateful for your help with arranging an engineer.

There are no upcoming dates that I am unable to be available for - will you DM me the information or text me or similar?

Again, many thanks - this post has made my day!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem at all. 

I will drop you a PM with some further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M