Menu
Beglin1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Electrical Noise and Constant resetting of Tivo boxes

Hi there, without phoning I was trying to get hold of how I contact support to assess the following problems I am now experiencing with both my TiVO boxes, which are now almost 5 years old. Both of them now have a rather loud electrical hum when both are powered up and both have recently started to hang and reset themselves when you forward or rewind recorded content. I suspect both boxes are nearing the end of their life span, but trying to make contact with Virgin to get an engineer through the help pages is virtually impossible. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Electrical Noise and Constant resetting of Tivo boxes

No its not - I got through on the phone on Wednesday afternoon after about a 20' wait and was dealt with very efficiently.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people other than me are also still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. But be patient.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Electrical Noise and Constant resetting of Tivo boxes

Hey Beglin1972,

I can take a look into this for you as it does sound like that you will need to get new boxes sent out to you.

I will need to send over a private message, so that we can clear account security and get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos