Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Electric shock.

Hi all,

I hope you’re well & safe?

I’ve just pad virgin in this week moving my TiVo & hub 3 to another part of my property today while putting everything back I received a small electric shock from the back of the white cable supplying the hub 3.

I have a multi-meter in the property if I test from the back of the TiVo, hub 3 or the splitter they are connected to I’m getting 105v Ac to my socket screw (earth). Should I be call them back out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Electric shock.

Perhaps an Electrician would be a better bet if you think it's an electrical issue

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi klik1143,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

Ouch! I'm really sorry to hear you got a shock from your external cabling, that doesn't sound good.

I'm going to send you over a private message so I can look into this for you. I'm going to contact the Area Field Manager to see if an engineer can come out to investigate.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The voltage in the coax cable should not exceed 50v at a very low amperage. You can get a small ping off of it, just as you can if you touch the dish connectors on Sky equipment.

However 105v does seem excessive & needs checking out.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos