Menu
debbiepower
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ES072 error code

Purchased movies and are unable to watch. Even movies in my library that i have previously watched are showing the same error code now.

Very frustrating as the online help goes round in a loop, to a phone number that tests the services and says its fine, to a text message services that send me back to the online help - someone help please?! i would love to be able to talk to a human if possible

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: ES072 error code

Can you watch any other VOD programmes ok - CatchUp (non-BBC - that's an app) would be an excellent test.

This will ID if your issue is with the VM Store specifically, or VOD in general.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
debbiepower
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

thanks for getting back to me. I do not know what VOD is, I'm not tech savy. But i've tried the 'catch up' that on the virgin home page, searched for googlebox, selected the episode - its goes black and then has a virgin holding screen and will not play

Do you know what that means please?

I also have problems with amazon prime not playing, we can access our account, see where we were up to on episodes watched on other devices but it will not play, maybe this is connected?

many thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VOD means Video On Demand.

It begins to sound like your box doesn't have a working internet connection. You've mentioned Amazon Prime, so you're using a V6 - this box needs an internet connection to use anything "online" (so VOD, streaming apps, CatchUp, the lot), this comes via your homehub.

How is your V6 connected to your homehub?

If you follow (on your V6 remote) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the top-right corner will report the connection status. What is shown?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

debbiepower
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

6448EBB3-FB23-4E9C-99A1-DC431D16EB4A.jpeg

2B33E7C1-0D4C-427C-8CEB-7FB198752DFA.jpeg

Thank you! So I might not have all the right terminology but here is my set up

i have a v6 box I believe which is connected to this tv. I started my contract with virgin feb 2019 so I’m pretty sure they were issuing out the V6 boxes then. See Picture.

The V6 is then directly connected to a white Virgin box that they installed on an external wall which I guess connects to my phone line and WiFi see picture 

My home Hub that the router isn’t it? Is upstairs and plugged into a phone port. It is not connected to the V6 and can’t be. Different rooms. 

The issues with some of the apps are all through the virgin home page of app. It’s a smart TV but when I try to use the apps directly they are very slow as I don’t think the WiFi connection is great to the tv. Hence I try to use through the v6 to watch tv and apps, as I presumed the Virgin connection was hard wired through the white virgin box. Netflix works, amazon won’t play and others like channel 4 don’t work. But the virgin store did previously work with this set up. There are movies in my library that I have previously purchased and successfully watched and now is not working

I went to setting and it says, thank you 

Network Connection

On the left is

Next attempt/Last attempt/Last status succeeded 

on the right is - wireless connection details:

name - which shows my WiFi name

signal - 32% marginal

IP address - gives a 9 digit number 

Mac ID - gives a 12 digit code

any of that make sense to you? 
thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@debbiepower wrote:

My home Hub that the router isn’t it? Is upstairs and plugged into a phone port. It is not connected to the V6 and can’t be. Different rooms.

There's your problem. The V6 needs two connections to work. The white cable is your coax that carries your incoming TV signals. The V6 gets its internet connection through your homehub, if there's no internet connection then any function that uses it, won't work - Video On Demand, TV Guide updates, multi-room streaming of programmes between boxes, etc.

@debbiepower wrote:

name - which shows my WiFi name

signal - 32% marginal

Houston, we have a problem. In order for OnDemand to work on your V6 box, it needs an internet connection. From what you've posted, it is connected to your home WiFi but the signal is too poor for it to work. There's no straightforward way of making this better.

Although your smart TV functions are nothing to do with Virgin, if those are struggling as well then it reinforces this "weak WiFi" theory.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's also worth checking - what is the TV make and model?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
debbiepower
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Thank you for all your help, it is weird that it did work and quite recently. I have another reply that is from virgin media so hopefully they can fix or I might have to look into changing to SKY as it is ridiculous that you can not actually physically speak to anyone in their tech team

many thanks

0 Kudos
debbiepower
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Hopefully if you work for virgin you have the knowledge to help as this is very frustrating combined with not actually being able to pick up the phone and being able to speak to someone. All virgin seem to want to call me about it to upgrade my service and then they have literally hung up on me twice when i have ask them for help with the problems with the current service. so i hope you can help!

Attached is the model number 

thumbnail_IMG_1223.jpg

Look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need to connect the V6 box to the HDMI input marked with 'MHL' on that TV as that's the only one that supports HDCP 2.2 which the V6 box now needs for On Demand content.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own