Menu
lizzie-hrh
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Due to lockdown sports is not availabllen

Lockdown/Coronavirus meant there wasn’t any sports, I filled in the form online to pause the sports package as I was told to do by Virgin Customer Service, but was told not to worry as this would be backdated.  Virgin hasn’t  backdated the credit as promised by the customer service dept when I spoke about pausing the sports package.  Virgin today have said that the credit is only applied to when I informed them.  This isn’t good enough and quite disappointing and disgraceful as I have been paying for a service that wasn’t available.  I am not a happy bunny, I have been a loyal customer for 20yrs and will seriously review leaving when my contract is up for renewal.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Due to lockdown sports is not availabllen

it wont be backdated.

the service was available. VM supplied you with access to the channel. they have no control over the content.
0 Kudos
lizzie-hrh
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The point is that I was assured it would be backdated as live sport wasn’t being broadcast.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the advicer was wrong its only from when you request it
0 Kudos
lizzie-hrh
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Whilst the customer service advisor might have advised wrongly, it costs them next to nothing and would get a happy customer, but no, can't have that. Instead I am charged £36 for a service that I didn’t have.not because I didn’t use it, but because the service wasn’t available that is very poor. I wonder how many other subscribers got caught out because they were dealing with Coronavirus and what was going on instead of looking at subscriptions for services that weren’t provided 😱
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sky bt and virgin all agreed the same method.

'I am charged £36 for a service that I didn’t have'

you did have it and still do. the channel wasn't stopped, just live broadcasts have ceased. our neighbour is loving the re-runs of old classics. had the channels simply stopped then we would all have been refunded from the day of closure. as it is they are still operational, hence why credits are not automatic nor backdated from when live sport stopped, although live sport continued after the football finished.
0 Kudos
lizzie-hrh
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And yet it’s only the live broadcasts that is wanted in this household and the reason for the subscription. There may of been an agreement between sky, bt and virgin I don’t recall receiving a notification about this so that I could make that choice and to take appropriate action should the service available it didn’t meet my requirements.
0 Kudos
lizzie-hrh
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I asked about this at the time of suspending my subscription

“had the channels simply stopped then we would all have been refunded from the day of closure”

I was told their systems weren’t able to do that, hence why we had to fill a form on line to suspend subscription, but that it would be backdated.
0 Kudos