Menu
alibabakes5
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dropping TV

Noddy question but just to check - if I drop the TV package and move to just broadband from another provider - do I have to return the set top box?

We really don't get much use out of the TV package other than to record some shows and access Netflix so I'm wondering if it's worth the money I'm paying, or if I should just move to a straight broadband package with Virgin.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropping TV

Virgin require V6 boxes and Hub3 and 4 routers back, anything older tends to be left for the customer to recycle

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi alibabakes5,

The V6 box needs a Virgin broadband connection.

As far as I'm aware the older Tivo boxes do not require a Virgin broadband connection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Hi alibabakes5,

The V6 box needs a Virgin broadband connection.

As far as I'm aware the older Tivo boxes do not require a Virgin broadband connection.

Indeed correct @newapollo - must admit I'm not entirely clear whether @alibabakes5 wants to drop TV or keep it on a lower package.

Either way it's a very good point. If they drop Virgin broadband and have a V6, then they will need to have the V6 replaced by a TiVo which has a dedicated internal internet connction. There would also possibly be bundle discounts that could potentially be lost - dropping TV to the basic Mixit could potentially be the best option depending on circumstances.

It also needs a call to C/S to discuss their specific account and package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What sort of TV do you watch? If your requirements can be met by, say, Freeview plus a device from Roku, Amazon Fire TV or Youview, then there is no need to keep the VM subscription.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos