Menu
Fg1796
Joining in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropped kerb.

I am wanting to drop my kerb and I am going to apply for planning permission, there is no box or cover where I want to drop it but there is a channel going across the pavement  in which I believe has vm cables underneath. Would I need somone from virgin to inspect this or will the council deal with this issue? Thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can you post some photos.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Fg1796 wrote:

I am wanting to drop my kerb and I am going to apply for planning permission, there is no box or cover where I want to drop it but there is a channel going across the pavement  in which I believe has vm cables underneath. Would I need somone from virgin to inspect this or will the council deal with this issue? Thanks

Nothing to worry about. If the council had resurfaced the pavement you would not even know it was there. Same goes for the other utilities. Services under loose ground (grass/gravel) is another matter & the council will not normally allow driveways across service strips in these situations.

Unless there is something breaking the surface (access cover or cabinet) don’t worry about it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Matthewtaylor25
Tuning in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Each council is different, contact them first and they will tell you if there is any issues with utility companies. In my case the council came out and told me to contact virgin. Virgin charged me £200 for a survey and said it is fine to proceed. I am now  just waiting to here back from the council. Hope this helps.

Fg1796
Joining in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Good to know, I will contact them and see how things go....cheers

0 Kudos
ChandlerBing
Joining in
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did you not have to pay to have the Virgin chamber strengthened at all? 

0 Kudos