Menu
airwot4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading package - is there anybody out there??

I've been waiting for hours with a chat window open waiting for somebody to answer me.

Before that I was waiting for ages on the phone waiting for somebody to pick me.

Could somebody please advise me on how best to give notice that I want my TV/phone/broadband bundle reduced to just broadband?

The only thing I can think of right now is to see if I can get connected with a different provider and cancel my DD to Virgin Media. I don't really want to do that as I'm reasonably happy sticking with VM - I just don't want to be paying so much for services that I don't use.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading package - is there anybody out there??

Cancelling your DD doesn’t mean you’ve cancelled your account. It just means you fail to pay your bill.

With resources low and call volumes high, you have to persevere with your current approach.

In addition, there is a text option to contact Virgin Media. Further information here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
airwot4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried the text option too. Still no reply.

Can I write a letter? I just need some way to provide 30 days notice that isn't dependent on a hope and a prayer.

The current set up surely can't be legal - I feel trapped.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From your contract Ts&Cs, you can write:

N. Other ways to end this agreement

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
airwot4
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to update - I'm still having the same text message conversation with the most useless IVR system I've ever interacted with.

I started the conversation on Tuesday and it's restarted 4 times. I managed to get to the correct team once but they stopped responding and the chat restarted again.

I've also ended up getting misdirected to a team to change my mobile tariff and another to solve my cable technical issue.... both from the sentence "I want to downgrade my tv/phone/broadband package" which is about as clear as I can't imagine it's possible to be.

I'm so fed up.

0 Kudos
airwot4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This was finally solved after about a week of text exchanges. The IVR running the text messaging system is ridiculous and seems to serve only to have customers run around in circles.

The few times I ended up interacting with something who seemed like they could help always ended in radio silence after a few exchanges and then the system started me off again.

I renewed on a rolling contract instead of taking out a 12 month contract under better terms so that I can look at other options. Every time I need to contact VM it ends up stressing me out.

0 Kudos