Menu
Norfflandan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Distorted picture

I’ve had a distorted picture for a couple of weeks, pixelation every few seconds ruining programmes.

I’ve followed all the guides for rebooting, repositioning cables, getting remote reboots via the app, calling support (1 hour 10 minutes in the queue), being told an engineer would work on it remotely and fix it within 24 hours, recalling support to be told it’s closed...

I have a TiVo box. It seems based on internet snd forum searches that many people have had a distorted picture. Any ideas out there? It looks like there is a major problem with Virgin equipment / signals that Virgin are trying to keep under the lid.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted picture

@Norfflandan wrote:

I’ve followed all the guides for rebooting, repositioning cables, getting remote reboots via the app, calling support (1 hour 10 minutes in the queue), being told an engineer would work on it remotely and fix it within 24 hours, recalling support to be told it’s closed...

That sounds horribly like the a C/S blag, which shouldn't happen. But does.

@Norfflandan wrote:

I’ve had a distorted picture for a couple of weeks, pixelation every few seconds ruining programmes.

[snip]

I have a TiVo box. It seems based on internet snd forum searches that many people have had a distorted picture. Any ideas out there? It looks like there is a major problem with Virgin equipment / signals that Virgin are trying to keep under the lid.

There's a major problem with all digital TV platforms, yes. When that digital TV system has poor signals to a set-top-box, it tends to pixellate. In the same way as mobile phone calls break up when you have a poor signal.

In the case of Virgin cable-TV, it just means you need to have an engineer visit to check over your box and cabling. The faults agent you spoke to, should have arranged this. I would suggest calling back and making sure this is arranged. If you still have isues, please post back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Norfflandan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s definitely a problem with the box, I’ve swapped in a second box which doesn’t have any pixelation issues, and it works fine.

Not sure what the policy is on replacing faulty boxes, will check...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Norfflandan wrote:

Not sure what the policy is on replacing faulty boxes, will check...

Virgin Media's policy is that you report service faults to them. Any of their equipment found to be faulty will be replaced at no cost to yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos