Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Distorted channels

We keep getting distorted channels on our TiVo box. Channels vary and recordings are terrible 

also getting connection error codes on other channels. I have done all the online tests and also rang but can only get automated test and unable to speak to anyone. 
I have disconnected and re connected the box and restarted and still getting problems. Don’t know what else I can do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted channels

Distorted and pixellated pictures are usually indicative of signal issues, which are themselves often caused by a fault somewhere. Any recording from a pixellated channel will also be affected.

You can try calling 0800 5610061 which often lists localised area faults, but if nothing's listed - then it's likely to only be affecting you, and assume VM don't know about it.

When you call 150, the automated system often attempts some remote fixes - this can be a blessing and a curse. It can sometimes identify a fault with your equipment and then offer an engineer appointment or box replacement. If this happens, accept the invitation and look forward to the appointment.

If it fails to fix, it may force you to redial the call - and on the second attempt, you can bypass this diagnostic and queue for a faults agent to take a look at your equipment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have called several times and not been able to get passed the diagnostic to speak to someone very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Siandrach, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the delay in getting in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've tried to locate your account to see if this has since been sorted for you but I'm been unable to do so. 

Are you still having issues now? 

If so please let us know so we can ask for further details and take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

got through on the phone last Sunday. Apparently sorted but actually some channels are still the same. I think we have a connection issue we our second box (TiVo) also can’t watch any catch up on it as just keeps buffering.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I see. 

No worries I'll pop you a message now and we can have a closer look. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos