Menu
Helen14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Distorted TV

Currently have distorted tv pictures on all channels due to signal issues, not due for an engineer to come to fix for 4 days, am I entitled to any compensation as I cannot watch tv at all, or any suggestions of any other ways I can watch tv that will not incur additional costs

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted TV

VM quite often ask for you to wait until a fault is resolved, and then they will usually offer loss-of-service credits broadly equivalent to what you've paid for the services that weren't working.

If you have a recent TV, you may be able to plug in an aerial and at least access the freeview channels. If you've got a compatible Android or iOS device, you can use Virgin's TV Go app... https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Helen14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted TV

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately dont have a working aerial so rules that option out, quiet weekend for me lol. 

Will try and follow up with Virgin once resolved, although I am still waiting for a credit to account from August when previously had an outage, so wont hold my breathe. 

0 Kudos
Helen14
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box distorted

Hi Sandi, I am so sorry, I know what its like as my dad is deaf. The only advice I can give is perseverance, it took quite a few attempts and a long waiting time to get through on the phone. If it is the same or similar issue fix can only be done by them coming out. Could also try raising a complaint online see if that helps, but from experience I have had to escalate a complaints through CEDR resolution centre due to lack of response and ownership from Virgin. 
I hope you manage to get hold if someone.