Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Distorted TV pic- only 7 days with virigin and no good days

Hi there,

I have been desperately trying to contact you since installation last week (exactly 7 days days). I have a highly distorted picture. I cant barely watch anything. I have done several manual resets, called you guys with no answer for 20 mins at a time and completed several DIY fixes.

Please fix my distorted picture!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted TV pic- only 7 days with virigin and no good days

Sorry your initial experience hasn't been great - what you describe tends to mean there's a signal issue with your kit and that needs resolving. It could be in the cabling, or your box - VM can determine this.

You've already rebooted your box, so the only other step is to check there's no reported area issues (0800 5610061) - otherwise you would be recommended to call TV Faults to report this. That's on 150 - what I suspect you've already been doing. You can also use the text message service (07533 051809) or wait on here for VM staff, but that can take upto a week.

What's concerning is that you've got these problems so soon after install - was it an engineer install or did you use the Quick Start service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted TV pic- only 7 days with virigin and no good days

Unfortunately it was installed by an engineer. 

I’ll try the tips you gave but the service is good in the area. 

Thanks for getting back to me, I’ll try the text numbers in the meantime. I doubt it will work. But I’ll post back here to update.

0 Kudos