Menu
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Discovery education (On Demand)

I've received an email from VM that includes information on the added factual channels, free use of the Hopster app, Body in Balance classes, Get Moving on channel 997 and 'lockdown learning' with the BBC etc. I was already aware of all of those things, but there is something that I've not heard of before:

Discovery education
We’re working with Discovery to bring you engaging nature, cooking and history lessons. They’re available On Demand until 15th April.

Does anyone know where this content can be found on the V6 box?

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discovery education (On Demand)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a themed collection folder in On-demand. I'll have a look, but they are doing this with BBC education content at the moment (and advertising it on the bar at the top of Guide).

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discovery education (On Demand)

I think I've worked out what VM has done, it's very poorly implemented (as usual) but there's new free On Demand content now available:

Home > On Demand > Box Sets > Channels > Food Network

The folder now includes various TV series from Discovery that are nothing to do with food.

They can also be found in:

Home > On Demand > Take a Break

All shown as being from Food Network, so although that's incorrect at least it's easier for people to find.

The availability of content from Discovery is very limited and inconsistant anyway, it is odd that out of their 6 free channels we only get On Demand / Catch Up content for 2 of them (Really & Food Network). I wish VM viewers could also get content from Quest, Quest Red, DMAX & HGTV).

0 Kudos