Menu
BeiraTheHag
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Discovery Plus

Hi,

Is Virgin planning to add Discovery Plus to either their channels or to the Apps?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Discovery Plus

Discovery+ isn't a new channel so much as a new paid-for streaming service in the same vein as Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and others.

Currently Virgin Media doesn't carry this service, but does carry many Discovery Channel boxsets and other content that Full-House/XL/Maxit customers have access to.

If & when VM reach an agreement with Discovery to carry this service (and Discovery build the app if necessary), then it's likely to be available on the V6 & the V360

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BeiraTheHag
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I'm hoping they add it like they've added Prime Video and Netflix but I'd settle for them adding it to their Apps. I think their Apps is a very unterutilised option, there isn't much there.
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The bottom line is that the availability of the apps likely derives little revenue and profit for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can get Discovery+ on Sky Q but not BT TV or VM, only other ways is by a streaming device, e.g. I can get it on my Fire TV Stick.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection