Menu
Kenny26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Disabling TV Interactive Services

Hi, I was looking for some help. My 93year old Uncle joined Virgin on 1st September & I helped him to get everything set up. I have had trouble with his billing - he was overcharged by £50 & then he somehow managed to add Sky Sports package earlier this month (without my knowledge) - I'm not sure if he did this through his remote and was unaware of the extra charge. I called the help centre as was told that as he had added to his package then his introductory 18month package price of £57/month would be removed and he would be charged the full price of £82/month. Eventually, after much complaining they accepted to reduce his monthly bill by the £25. Can someone please help? How can I stop him inadvertently adding anything to his package via his remote - as I said he is 93 and not very in touch with all things TV. I want him to enjoy his TV and don't  want to unduly stress him by trying to explain what had happened but I worry as he can't  afford any more charges to his monthly bill.

Thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disabling TV Interactive Services

Hi this is a very difficult one, as he is the account holder and in charge of the pin number for his account on his virgin box short of going to his home and setting a pin he doesn't know which won't allow him to use his services there is not a lot that virgin can do, just try and impress on him that this is costing him money. Regards Micky
Kenny26
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky, I was in the house when the engineer did the installation, I don't  remember any mention of a 'pin' for the TiVo box and therefore I'm sure my uncle wouldn''t know about it either. Do you need this pin in order to add services? I've not got Virgin so don't  know how it works. Thanks for your help,

Kenny

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kenny yes the default is 1234, you need to use it for pay per view, on demand or any apps that require extra money to view, not hundred percent sure if its needed to add channels like he has done, if not it should be, its possible to set your own pin number which in households with young children is a good idea. Regards Micky
Kenny26
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky, I'll have a look and see if I can change the pin. Still think it's really unacceptable that adding services during your introductory promotional period means that you put are back onto a full monthly charge and the promotional offer you originally signed up to is voided.

Thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Kenny26 wrote:

Thanks Micky, I'll have a look and see if I can change the pin. Still think it's really unacceptable that adding services during your introductory promotional period means that you put are back onto a full monthly charge and the promotional offer you originally signed up to is voided.

Thanks,

Kenny

You drew up a contract & signed it for a set period. If you then change it you have to create a new contract with a new start date. Only standalone products, such as some premium channels which can only be subscribed on a one month rolling contract can be added without affecting your main contract.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kenny26
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nodrogd, that wasn't mentioned to me when I signed up. Also been billed incorrectly from 1st September (joining date) - called the helpline about 4weeks ago & they admitted the mistake and said it would be rectified but wasn't. Called again yesterday as had to enquire about the SkySports issue and again complained about the overcharging and they said it would be rectified. Hopefully someone will manage to deal with it this time.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kenny26, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear of your billing issues.  I would like to take a closer look. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos