Menu
Jess_21
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Demanding money that I don’t owe.

I can’t begin to explain how frustrated I am. Last month I noticed that Virgin Media had taken a direct debit from my account and I knew that wasn’t right as I was paying my bills manually every month. Being stupid, I noticed I was DOUBLE PAYING each month- as Virgin was taking a direct debit and I was paying manually also. I spoke to someone on the helpline and they informed me that yes I had double paid and I was entitled to an indemnity claim and I simply had to ring my bank to sort it. Wonderful. So I spent half an hour on the phone to my bank with a lovely lady who reviewed my account and saw I was double paying. She cancelled the direct debit and I got refunded that money. To my absolute horror when I logged into my VM account to pay my monthly bill I had a message saying my account has been suspended and that I owed £300+ (basically all the money I got returned!). My internet has not been stopped and I do not owe that money as I have been DOUBLE PAYING and one of their own employees stated me eligible to claim the money and it was released to my bank. I need help. This is so upsetting for someone at Christmas time and a first time account holder of a broadband company. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Demanding money that I don’t owe.

Probably just a result of the bank cancelling the DD. Give them a call (see below), explain and they will sort it out - it will be better if you speak to a UK agent. Alternatively a VM person should pick this up in a day or two and offer to sort it out for you.

Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 9pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00am is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre - they will sort it out for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Demanding money that I don’t owe.

HiJess_21

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 
We will send you a private message 
Kind regards 
Chris.

0 Kudos