Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Demanding money that I don’t owe.

I can’t begin to explain how frustrated I am. Last month I noticed that Virgin Media had taken a direct debit from my account and I knew that wasn’t right as I was paying my bills manually every month. Being stupid, I noticed I was DOUBLE PAYING each month- as Virgin was taking a direct debit and I was paying manually also. I spoke to someone on the helpline and they informed me that yes I had double paid and I was entitled to an indemnity claim and I simply had to ring my bank to sort it. Wonderful. So I spent half an hour on the phone to my bank with a lovely lady who reviewed my account and saw I was double paying. She cancelled the direct debit and I got refunded that money. To my absolute horror when I logged into my VM account to pay my monthly bill I had a message saying my account has been suspended and that I owed £300+ (basically all the money I got returned!). My internet has not been stopped and I do not owe that money as I have been DOUBLE PAYING and one of their own employees stated me eligible to claim the money and it was released to my bank. I need help. This is so upsetting for someone at Christmas time and a first time account holder of a broadband company. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Demanding money that I don’t owe.

Probably just a result of the bank cancelling the DD. Give them a call (see below), explain and they will sort it out - it will be better if you speak to a UK agent. Alternatively a VM person should pick this up in a day or two and offer to sort it out for you.

Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 9pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00am is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre - they will sort it out for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Demanding money that I don’t owe.

HiJess_21

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 
We will send you a private message 
Kind regards 
Chris.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Last month double billed same this month.

Hi I noticed last month that my maxit package has doubled from £104 to £208 I pay by card although sometimes late but not enough to add a further months subscription on. The reason for the double price is because I've supposed to have missed February's Bill but that's been paid for and i have the transactions from January February to prove this now the bills due today and it's the same £208 I paid half of the first time I seen the Bill at £208 so I paid £104 now same again. I have bank details on every payment and in virgin media website it also shows you all the bills from last year. I would like to bring this to someone's attention last month I put it down to a mistake because of the current situation with the Coronavirus any help is appreciated as I cannot pay £208 a month I don't even know if there is a package at this price. If it isn't sorted I've no option to leave And due to my disability I find it hard to speak on phones to Virgin just to get passed around. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last month double billed same this month.

Hello Henrikno71

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forums and welcome to the community. We're sorry to hear of the billing issue and confusion caused.

As you have stated we don't have a package for that cost but as the balance has doubled from £104 to £208 it would appear a payment was missed at some point. We would recommend checking both your Virgin Media and banking online account to double check the dates for when the bills were produced and payments made.

If you have missed a payment but then made a payment at a later date this wouldn't be reflected on the bill but would be on the account.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply this is what virgin are saying I've been late on paying but not long enough to double the Bill and I have pictures of the debits coming from my bank account and all the previous bills going back to 2019 so if anyone of the virgin team wishes to contact me I can show them all payments made to virgin. Once again thanks for your reply. It's appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

* only thing I can remember is that I was late in paying a bill and I was sent a reminder by email so when I went to pay it it was at £208 I paid the £104 but I'm not sure if it's generated my next month's subscription as I went to pay it but that's last month plus this month's again at £208 so I'll always be in arrears but when I went to pay it said how much do you want to pay it said £88 in the payment box so I left it until I hear back from Virgin but as yet nothing and as stated earlier it's hard for me to call them due to anxiety and PTSD. Last time I had a problem it was picked up by virgin on here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to Henrikno71,

So we can look in to this bill further for you I will need to pop you over a private message so we can access your account.

Please click on the purple envelope top accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos