Menu
sandeep9179
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Deleting channels from TV package

How do I delete channels / packs from my TV package? I gave up after waiting for more than 30 minutes on the phone. Their chat bot is useless and there is no email to write to them. Anyone has any suggestions? Virgin Media's billing cycle won't wait for the Coronavirus pandemic to get over and nor will it wait for their phone lines to get freer.

Ridiculous actually - that you can add to your bill by using buttons on your remote. When you want to reduce your bill, it is one of the most difficult tasks in the world.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting channels from TV package

Even when you add channels online or via the remote, this still ends up with a CS agent. Even without Coronavirus it can take 48 hours plus for changes to take place. VM are currently having a panic recruitment drive to increase UK call centre capacity as all the offshore centres are in lockdown zones.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thekopno1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Absolute rubbish what u are saying adding channels take place instantly but removing them, not a chance in hell! Over 105 pounds for what decent broadband. Are u being paid by vm? I'm cancelling my dd as my partner lost her job and no one is answering the phone at vm so I have no choice really. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Direct Debits is never an advisable course of action with any service provider, without advising them first.

It nearly always leads to other problems later on. And no, nodrogd doesn't work for Virgin any more than I do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thekopno1,

Do you support Everton by any chance?

Seriously though I'm sorry your partner has lost her job and hope things pick up soon.

I don't work for VM and neither does nodrogd

The call lines are extremely busy, and it's best calling when they first open at 8 am, or have a lot of patience, a large amount of coffee and snacks until the call is answered.

Removing channels can actually put your bill up depending on which package you are on. However if you are out of contract or coming to the end of a contract then you have some negotiating power. 

Go through the thinking of leaving us option, ask what they can offer you, and tell them the amount you would like to pay. You never know you may be able to keep your current package and make a saving.

The changes can't be made by Forum Staff however you can try either of the following

Use the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It will probably take a few days. 

Or you can also call (again)  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1, 4 and 4 (Thinking of leaving usbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello thekopno1

Sorry to hear that you wish to remove channels and your partners job loss.

I can see that you have managed to get in touch with the Team shortly after your post 

Sadly as a Forum Team package changes is something that we are unable to proceed with

Gareth_L

0 Kudos