Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

DVR with green screen

My DVD had the green screen tonight, I rebooted it and now it won't go past the Welcome screen. Sometimes I get a little box with an arrow pointing down. I have changed the HDMI cable and port, but no change.

I ran the checks via the Virgin website and they say everything is OK !!!!

I have now been listening to music on the Virgin customer service line for several hours.

can anyone from Virgin help me, I think I need a new box !!!

help please

thanks

Roddy

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR with green screen

Hi Roddy,

Unfortunately it seems you have the green screen of death, the hard drive has failed and you will need a box replacement.

It's not the words you want to hear, but the quickest method is using the phone unfortunately.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Forum Staff can take between a few days to a week to pick up your issue here.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR with green screen

If you mean the "DVR has detected a serious error" message, then you're right to assume this is a dead box that needs replacing. Unfortunately, VM staff on here are currently taking upto a week to respond, so you really are best off persisting with the call queues - they can vary during the day.

You could also try the text-message service (07533 051809) but that won't give an immediate response, it tends to take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks