Menu
suehooe
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

DVR serious error

I've been having issues with my virgin box for more than 8 months now and promised several times a new one would be sent. Then an engineer came out November said there was an upgrade/fix going on and it will fix the issue. It did not, fobbed off again. Test run on tv saying no issues again, but  serious DVR error coming up and may take 3 hours to fix if not another 3 if not another three. Says contact Virgin but when you do you can't speak to anyone and gives you the fix link and you just end up going around in circles. Virgin are taking £101 a month for an exceptionally poor service we've had since February 2020 and noone from complaints have got back and noone is interested. How do I get hold of someone to fix this issue that should have been done last year.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR serious error

You're probably already aware, but the "DVR has detected a serious error" green screen means your hard drive has failed and you need a replacement box.

If you ignore the "inducements" on the IVR to "go online", "get a text message link" and suchlike, you are then put into the call queue for a faults agent where I'm afraid - along with much else in the current climate - patience is needed. Call wait times do vary during the day.

So far as complaints go, if you've got an acknowledged complaints reference, then whatever is the subject of that complain will need to be worked through by the complaints team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos