Menu
katiejthomas
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DVR problem with green screen

Hi,

i keep getting a green screen saying the dvr has detected a serious problem. Can anyone advise on best way to repair this please?

thanks in advance .

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR problem with green screen

Hi katiejthomas,

I'm afraid it sounds like the hard drive on the box is either on it's last legs or has died.

You can wait for a member of the Forum Staff to pick this up, which might be a day or two.

Or you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

If phoning it's  Option 1 for TV, Broadband, Phone  then  Option 2 -  Faults

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
katiejthomas
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

ive had a new box delivered, installed it & disconnected the faulty box  but my original box downstairs is displaying an error & only 2 tv channels are available. It’s showing an error code 7400 but this relates to activating the new box which I’ve already done.

ive reset the box & broadband but fault is still there. I’m currently on hold with helpline but looking like a long wait. Would appreciate any help you can provide.

thanks

Katie 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi katiejthomas,

It sounds like they have deactivated the wrong box.

You need to call the activation line again, 0800 953 9500, with the serial number of the V6 that isn't working. Also have a note of your account number and area handy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
katiejthomas
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have just spent 52 minutes on hold only to be cut off. I have tried the activation line but it’s closed. 

Where can I make a complaint about this?

thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again katie,

It's usually best to call at 8am when the lines open as that's when VM are least busy

Link to make-a-complaint 

Dave

0 Kudos