Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

DVR has detected a Serious Problem

Hello, I am receiving the error message "The DVR has detected a serious problem..." see attachedfull msg in the attached photo. This appears whenever I try to start my TiVo box. Can anyone help/provide relevant advice please. I have kept the box turned on for about 3 hours now and it keeps going through the same routine of going blank, to 'Starting up' and then automatically to this message, and then repeat...repeat...repeat.

Please can someone kindly provide some advice on what the problem could be and what I need to do...

Thank you so much in advance.

Rachael 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR has detected a Serious Problem

Hello

Basically you are going to need a new box as this one has failed, either call in on 150 or wait for a VM staff member to pick up the post.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR has detected a Serious Problem

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for the TV box issues you've got. I've ran a check and we do need a new box which I will send a tech to sort out for you.

I'll PM you now to advise further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"