Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

DVR detected serious problem

• So, it says that it's detected a serious problem and will sort it out, and to leave for 3 hours, then starts up and repeats.... Been doing this for about 6 hours now.... 
0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR detected serious problem

Hi Johno5,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your  TIVO box. 

The DVR message normally means the hard drive has failed and you need a replacement box.

I'm afraid you will need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or mid afternoon/tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options, don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults - Hard drive failure to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Settling in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR detected serious problem

Thanks Dave!...

I'll try the number this afternoon and see if i can get any joy! 

0 Kudos