Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

DVR Serious Problem

Hi, I'm getting the message 'The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it'

Having read other posts on here, I think I need a new box as this message has been appearing for the last 24 hours. I can't get through to anybody at the moment. Can anybody on here help please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: DVR Serious Problem

Hi JackieDoyle,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your TIVO box. You are right, you'll need a new box as the hard drive has failed.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. The automated system may determine it needs to send out either a replacement box or book an engineer appointment.

Sorry to say if that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team again.  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR Serious Problem

Hi JackieDoyle, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry you're seeing this error, it would need to be replaced. I will send you over a private message so I can get that done for you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos