Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DRV NOT WORKING

I have had Internet connection constantly going on and off for 2 weeks and now i have the DVR not working showing a green screen it's been over the 3 hours and still nothing when you paying £70 a month and constantly having problems it's pretty annoying 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: DRV NOT WORKING

The dreaded green screen means your hard drive has failed, you need a replacement box.

Call VM - 150 from a landline, or 0345 4541111 and use the "I have a fault" options. You may need to do battle with the automated system trying to resolve things remotely, and then redial when it fails to help... speak to an agent and get a replacement box arranged.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: DVR NOT WORKING

I am struggling to contact virgin i have tried calling can't get threw due to COVID keep messaging them and no reply sent an email and no reply not sure what to do 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gemm88,

Unfortunately VM don't have a customer facing email department.

The call centres are still open, however it is difficult to get through, and they may close early with it being  a weekend. The best time is when they first open at 8am, when it's least busy.

When calling faults follow the prompts to check for faults etc. This probably won't resolve it, however if you call back around 10/15 minutes later then the system should recognise that you've called before and an agent should poick up the call

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but there's no easy answer. Forum staff will take anything from a few days to a week, currently, to respond.

You just need to keep trying I'm afraid. There's the text message service (07533 051809) but that's not going to get you an answer immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for you're help i will keep trying and hopefully get this fixed 

0 Kudos