Menu
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

DMAX not in Mixit TV

DMAX is now available on Freeview and Freesat, so Virgin should add it into their lowest pack (Mixit TV).

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: DMAX not in Mixit TV

Hello VMViewer.

Thank you for your post, we do have DMAX as part of our MixIt and MaxIt TV bundles (previously known as mix and full house TV bundles). 

These are on channels 213 and 214 for +1.

Hope this helps, Emily

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Though Dmax seems to part of the Entertainment & Documentaries Personal Pick for Mixit TV, rather than an included channel by default.

Also I think without any Personal Picks, Mixit TV has the same channel line up as the older Player TV.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G wrote:

Hello VMViewer.

Thank you for your post, we do have DMAX as part of our MixIt and MaxIt TV bundles (previously known as mix and full house TV bundles). 

These are on channels 213 and 214 for +1.

Hope this helps, Emily

Hi Emily

Thanks for the reply.

DMAX and DMAX +1 are NOT included in the Mixit TV package (see here and here) unless you add the 'Entertainment & Documentaries' Personal Pick for an extra charge.

As it's a channel that's available for free on Freeview and Freesat, VM should look to make it avalable on their equivalent TV pack because it claims to offer 'all your favourite free to air players, services and channels'.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback VMViewer, I will pass this onto our programming team to get this looked into.

Thanks

Steven_L

HettyD
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

• Are the programming team still looking into this 4 months later or have Virgin decided against making it free?
0 Kudos
Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello HettyD

We have not heard of a change on this particular channel at the moment, The feedback would have certainly been sent by the previous agent, that being said it does not mean they will change the channel line ups due to that.

Sorry if that was not the answer you was hoping for.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Pheel87
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media yet again showing why they are the biggest con artists behind sky now....your prices continue to go up absolutely ridiculously, yet they skim & skim on the most basic of channels in a package. Max should be free, no matter what package you have at all, simple as...no extra charges no nothing. If you have the bottom package or the very top package this channel should be free. Stop being so petty and get this done, this a great channel that is at no cost due to freeview so it should be without a doubt free on v media. In all fairness I’ve had enough v media & I am ready to opt out because they are shady, rip off merchants. Get out whilst you can I say

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Most recent TVs tend to have Freeview built-in, you should be able to view the Freeview channels that way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

To be clear the broadcaster not Virgin decide if it's free or not, If it's "free" they pay Virgin a fee for broadcasting it, If it's in a package Virgin pay them 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos