Menu
Greghughes1000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Customer support is appalling.

I have been trying to contact Virgin since 26/11. I have tried the IM in the app, I have tried calling several times but can’t get past the automated service.

I have 2 issues that need resolving;

1) I need a WiFi booster, I have tried to use the app in the affected room. But all is says in the room with no signal is ‘Can’t connect to router’ which is the reason I need a booster!

2) I paid for the Joshua fight on Saturday and the quality was appalling. I have seen the stock answer from Virgin and it’s just not good enough. I paid in part to watch the Stewart fight, I expect some credit to my account for the appalling signal.

I am out of contract with Virgin and if this abysmal customer service continues I will be forced to leave.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer support is appalling.

Hi Greghughes1000,

Since you are out of contract why not speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us)?

They can do far more than cancel accounts. You could ask them about a refund for the PPV boxing, and also inquire about a booster. Please note there is a monthly rental charge of £3 for the VM boosters unless you are on the 1Gig broadband. To be honest you are probably better off buying your own boosters  or  your own router or mesh system.

Whilst speaking to retentions you can also negotiate a new price/package in exchange for a new contract.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111,(Thinking of leaving us) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Greghughes1000
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer support is appalling.

Thanks Dave,

I should have thought of that. Guess I was raging after another hour on 150 only to get cut off.

Cheers for being helpful 👍

0 Kudos