Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Customer service??????? That's a joke.

When everything works the service is fine but as soon as something goes wrong it's the most painful experience.

Let me go through a bit of history.

I'm having building work done and the cable for the TV and phone was stapled round the outside of an old conservatory to be demolished. So I call to ask if the cable can be re-routed. This takes twp phone calls of about 45 minutes to get someone to actually understand what I'm requesting. But eventually an engineer visit is booked.

I'm at home all day, no engineer. So in the evening I phone up to find out what happened and I'm told the engineer has been! He spoke to the builders, decided there was nothing he could do and went without even having the decency to speak to me, the account holder. It took another two phone calls and a threat to leave before another engineer visit was booked.

I asked the engineer to route the cable round the outside of the new walls, but no .... he decided putting a new cable in was too difficult and just shorten the existing cable to route though the new room and be buried under the floor.

Today, surprise surprise as the final floor skim hasn't been put down yet the cable got damaged and broken.

I call up to report a fault, a broken cable. The first response is "buy some new cable and fix it yourself". I point out that if the cable had been moved where I originally asked it wouldn't have got damaged. The "support person" then says they are going to run some tests and I'm left on a silent phone for 10 minutes before I give up and hang up. That was a total of 50 minutes on the phone.

I call back .... again massive wait, a different "support" person struggles with the idea of a broken cable, says they are going to speak to their supervisor and puts be on hold.

I'm on hold for 25 minutes (with the same 4 songs over and over again) until someone speaks and it's a different person! I'm back explaining the problem again; with disconcerting silences after I've spoken which makes me worry the connection has gone again. At least this person finally gets the problem and I now, after an hour and a half on the phone have an engineer booked.

If you try to complain about the service the best you get is a "I'm terribly sorry" and you know that's just a platitude.

Sort your customer service out! It really shouldn't be this hard work to get to talk to someone; to get them to understand the problem and not just read a script.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service??????? That's a joke.

Morning @fgpsmith

Thanks so much for taking your time to express and explain your experience with us - I am so sorry about what has happened throughout your journey - this is not something that we would expect at all. 

Both issues should be fairly simple fixes so once again, I apologise that we've not been able to get things sorted out for you when you have contacted us. 

To reroute a cable that has already installed would usually come with a one off charge of £99 and a certain type of technician should have been booked to reflect this work - it sounds like this may have been booked incorrectly. 

Now you have a damaged cable, this is most certainly something we would come out and fix totally free of charge.

I have located your account for you and as such will pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and ensure that the correct process is being followed. We can also log a complaint for you - ant of our agents should have done this for you so we'll ensure that this is fed back. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of our Forum pages and pop me a reply when you can. 

Thanks in advance

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service??????? That's a joke.

Hi there @fgpsmith

Glad that we were able to help you out with your issues via our Private Message - please just pop back here when you are ready to go ahead with the re-cabling and we'll get that sorted out for you 🙂 

Cheers. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos