Menu
Herbiecov
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Covid19

Are virgin going to refund customers with Sky Sports and BT sports as the channels being paid for are not supplying what the customers signed up for. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Covid19

Just cancel what you don’t feel is value for money.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Herbiecov
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Very unhelpful people on the help desk say I have to give 30 days notice . 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Why is that unhelpful? It’s contractual and those in customer service can’t change the Ts&Cs.

PS You are getting the channels you signed up for. Virgin Media have no control over the content.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Herbiecov
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am not getting the content of the channels I signed for. I bet you would return a pair of shoes if  they were not what you paid for. 
 I beg to disagree about control of the content as they are a customer of sky and so should be in dialogue with them to inform their customers , if sky can not provide services to virgin then they are not providing service to their customers. 

they are my service provider and not providing the service I have paid for. I paid for Sky Sports to watch live sports especially football and they are not able to provide that service. 

Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The questions here are Virgin still supplying you with the channel you pay for and has the channel ceased to broadcast?

As they still supply you with the channel, and it is still broadcasting, then Virgin are doing as you have asked and are charging you accordingly.

The content of the channel is completely out of their hands, if you no longer like the content then that's not their fault and you either need to put up with it or cancel your sports subscription.

0 Kudos
Herbiecov
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I dont think you understand. You have the channel for the content that is supplied within that channel for example F1 channel to watch the 2020 live F1 season. As it is not being supplied In such channel why as customers are we paying for it when only reruns of last years season is being shown. 
anyway I have spoken to virgin face to face . Watch this space is all I say. 

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

oh god.... people are dying and people start this crap.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Herbiecov wrote:

I dont think you understand. You have the channel for the content that is supplied within that channel for example F1 channel to watch the 2020 live F1 season. As it is not being supplied In such channel why as customers are we paying for it when only reruns of last years season is being shown. 
anyway I have spoken to virgin face to face . Watch this space is all I say. 

This is all in the hands of Sky/BT anyway. As they are in direct control of the subscriptions of the Premium channels. VM just gets a small admin fee. 

At present the sports events are postponed, not cancelled. Some of my friends were due to go to the C2C concert at the o2 this weekend which has been postponed. Are they getting a refund? No. They have been asked to retain their tickets as they are hoping to reschedule at a later date.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

😂 yes it's definitely me that doesn't understand.

Out of interest would you ask for a rebate for the F1 channel when it's not a race weekend or if a race ends early due to bad weather?

0 Kudos