Menu
2ndOne
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Covid-19 Extra Channels At No Extra Cost

Virgin Media is kindly providing to MixIt TV customers as part of its Coronavirus response a number of 'extra channels, at no extra cost' but is there somewhere can I find a list of these channels and their end dates please? We were sent some news in April but some of the channels seem to be running for longer than originally touted (great, I have no complaints), whilst others have disappeared. Before I set my box to record certain series or movies, I want to check if we're going to suddenly to lose the channels midway through. End dates for the freebies would be most useful!

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Covid-19 Extra Channels At No Extra Cost

0 Kudos
2ndOne
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Roger_Gooner. I appreciate the response.

Following those early press releases, it seems Virgin Media went on to announce a further extension for a select tier of customers until June 1st, but the full channel list was unreported or withheld: 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/29/virgin-media-extends-free-tv-channels-gifts-customers-another-10gb-da...

The above doesn't explain the channels I have remaining as my line up seems in conflict with their announcement. I'm not sure why Virgin announced the extension of certain channels to the media rather than emailing its customer base. I would love to know how long I am to receive certain channels at no extra cost (like TCM, for example) rather than having to speculate that we can watch until June 1st. My family is high-risk and shielding indefinitely so it would be useful to know what we can watch and record without the risk of suddenly losing the channel at the end of the month.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Record everything that you feel you need because whatever you miss may not be available on Catch Up. For a series always use Series Link+.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
2ndOne
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I shall. Thank you Roger_Gooner. 

0 Kudos