Menu
nextuser004
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cost of adding BT sports and Sky sports

I find this very confusing - on BT and Sky it clearly states the price of their sports channels if you are already a sky/bt customer or not.

My landlady has virgin media - her package is around 60 pounds a month. I simply wanted to know how much it would cost to add sky and bt sports to her package - how much more on top of her 60 pound package that would be - because I would be paying this extra amount.

So far I have had no luck online or over the phone.

And also if I can watch those sports channels online or not? Or if I could pay for a box of some sort to bring it to my room without tv cables.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of adding BT sports and Sky sports

You can’t get what seems a simple answer because you are not the account holder and the answer is dependent on her existing contract terms which you are not privy to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

imposible to tell as BT sport is included in some packages. the cost woudl depend on the package and discounts already gotten as well as the other services.

Best to call VM to see what can be offered.

There is no wireless box option all boxes require a coax connections to the VM network
nextuser004
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well she was happy to try and get the sports package if I pay - so it's not a case of me not being privy - I can ask her and she'd log on and we could see how much the sports packages would be.

The problem is she's not tech savvy and I felt instead of going through an arduous process with her I could simply know the price of sports channels being added.

But it's ok - I'll most likely carry on free streaming online - it's not a huge deal
0 Kudos
nextuser004
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's ok - I wasn't in dire need of it - simply curious.

I mean sky does it, BT does it, even talktalk does it - clearly states the cost of adding sports channels if you are or if you aren't a sky/bt/talktalk customer.

I'll likely carry on free streaming online as I don't desperately need it
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

free streaming. If you are streaming sky and bt sports free that would be illegal 🙂
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI nextuser004,

Your landlady would be best using one of the following routes:-

She could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. The message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to her as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

She could also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best for her to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

If she is out of contract she may be able to negotiate a better price than simply adding them as stand alone upgrades.

At present there is the Bigger Bundle plus Sports (Sky Sports and BT Sports) which is £120 per month for current customers, however as above if she is out of contract she may be able to negotiate a better price.  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/ 

Unless you are going to be using her TIVO/V6 box then there would be an additional charge for the extra box, and also possibly an installation fee. Again she would need to discuss with regrades.

Adding Sky Sports would also enable the customer to stream the Sky Sports channels on the Sky Sports app.  Adding the BT Sports would also enable the customer to stream the BT Sports via the VM TV Go app

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Echoing what everyone else has already said about the answer to OP's question being "what package is your friend on at the moment", I'll also point out that BT Sports is included as standard on VM's top-tier Full-House/XL/Maxit bundle. It's therefore often more cost effective to increase your TV tier rather than pay for BT-Sport as a premium bundle.

Sky Sports are premium channels regardless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos