Menu
MalcWeb
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin Media

I need an update on my old Tivo box as it is now needing rebooted every time I switch it on.  I think most people got an upgrade of that box a year or two ago.  I simply cannot contact Virgin by phone - I waited hours and gave up the last time and today they are not even taking phone calls.  There appears to be no e-mail contact address.  I cannot even get through to threaten to cancel. 

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can get any attention from them?  The only thing I can think of, other than to upgrade my package by £11 a month and receive a new box after I pay out yet another £35, is to cancel my direct debit instruction, which may at last get them to get in contact with me. Their customer service is desperate.  Covid has been here for a year now so any excuses about that are wearing really thin now. 

Any ideas welcome.  

Malcolm

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Media

Good Afternoon Malcolm,

I know its frustrating trying to reach them currently, what I can suggest is calling at 8am sharp when lines open this has been very successful for other posters, alternatively trying later in the evening.

A staff member from the team may be able to help when they get to your post this may take a few days however.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin Media

In terms of contacting VM, this is primarily a user-community forum - VM staff do monitor posts, but they prioritise their responses to where other contact methods aren't working. In the case of service faults & account changes, they are best off done by phone. Unfortunately everyone calling VM at the moment is experiencing call wait times to some degree.

If your TiVo has a fault, then reporting that via the 150 route is the best way to go. If you want to discuss re-contracting your package for 18months and swapping your TiVo for a V6 as part of the deal, again calling VM is the best way to go.

Cancelling your regular payments could cause a few things to happen. Reminders of missed payments, possible suspended services, and eventually entries on your credit file which last for many years. One thing it won't do, is cause a faults agent to call you. The pandemic is still ongoing, it's not gone away - and I know of other companies who are still struggling with Covid-related C/S issues. Virgin Media is not alone in this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos