Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Consistent Pixelated TV

Our Virgin TV reception is horrific. The TV constantly pixels making viewing impossible. I have called Virgin many times and got nowhere.

Calling on a mobile results in waiting for nearly 1 hour each time (used to be within 10mins when a landline customer!) after each hour the phone just goes dead. I have made two formal complaints with no response. We have been Virgin Customers for 12 years and am really disappointed for the £82 pcm this is simply not good enough.

I have tried everything from restarting the TiVo Box regularly, checking cables, checking online for issues and nothing improves. 

Messaging on this forum hopefully will provoke a response, but I would like an engineer to visit in person please.

Please respond.

Many thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistent Pixelated TV

It's only fair to point out that VM staff are currently taking upto a week to respond on here. I'm not saying that to dismiss your issues, but just to set some expectations that you're not expecting them to respond immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, and I do understand given current environment, however I’ve had this issue since March! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Nick315 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, and I do understand given current environment, however I’ve had this issue since March! 

Ok, how often have you reported it in those 8 months? VM can only investigate faults that they know about 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Same here

B880FAB4-0B91-4762-99BC-772CD3FD7882.jpeg

Where do you go from here when the engineers ‘fix’ but ‘don’t fix’ the issue?? I feel your pain. Your experience doesn’t me with much faith for a solution. This is my screen.
Cancellation of service seems the only option.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick315, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

My sincere apologies for the delay, we have been a little busier than usual at the moment. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the TV service. I have taken a look from our side and have come across no noticeable issues with the signal and levels for the service. 

I see you have spoken to the team since your last post to us, have you seen any improvements since then?

If not, please let me know and I will be happy to assist further.

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

2C925947-17AF-41CB-948E-B2F3C1A84DE9.png

Hello Natalie,

Thanks for the response. Can I come back to you on all three of your points.

1) You say you have checked from your side and found no issues. I have just logged in via the app (sat 21st 17:12) which states VM are aware of an issue with an estimated fix of 23rd Nov. In my experience, this message just bumps the date on with no resolution. See attached screen grab from my phone.

2) You say ‘I see you have spoken to the team since my last post’ where did you get that info from? I have not spoken to anyone at VM nor have they tried to call me. 

3) Yes, I would like some further assistant. I would like an engineer round to look at this problem and fix it. 

Regards

Nick

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Nick315 wrote:

1) You say you have checked from your side and found no issues. I have just logged in via the app (sat 21st 17:12) which states VM are aware of an issue with an estimated fix of 23rd Nov. In my experience, this message just bumps the date on with no resolution. See attached screen grab from my phone.

You're the second person to post today referencing this, so for the benefit of others reading this - the known issue you have quoted there is specifically related to the TV-Go app, and nothing to do with the TV signal to set-top-boxes.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick315, 

I would be happy to confirm the details but as we will need to discuss account specific information, I will just need to gather a few more details from you.

I have sent you a private message to request a few more details to allow us to be able to look in to this further for you.  The private message should appear when selecting the purple envelope icon on the top right of the page. 

Thanks 

Nat